Donnerstag, 16. August 2012

Valhalla Rising

  © Thomas Wanner


Sometimes I have to step out of my “comfort” zone to feel exposure. This crazy rock formation is located in a field of blocks as a result of a rock fall in 1972. In January I could realise the first repetition of the “Haselwurzfall” (FA: 22 years ago R., G. Mathis) a crazy steep icefall.
On the approach to the fall, I found this huge “finger” while scrambling up through this block field. I was surprised about this present, as I really like high boulders and clear lines.
In March I made the first ascent of “Valhalla Rising” 7b+ after checking it out with a rope. It´s serious climbing with no fall option above the crux moves.
Location: Hohenems/Unterklien. 


                                                       © Thomas Wanner

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.